Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kingstontown




My daughter recently visited her grandparents (my mom and dad) who gave her a bunch of photos that my mom took when she was little. She scanned them and sent them to me. My appologies to my son who appears in only two of the pictures here. If it is of any consolation to him, I have to say that the same thing happened to me. My older sister got all the press since she was the first born, so there are more photos of her than of me in my mother's scrap books and piles of photos.


One of the nice things about cyperspace and digital photos is that it frees room in the closets. I regard these videos as a kind of scrapbooking and journal keeping without all the bulk. I love my blog because I can't lose anything on it and the photos never grow dull or get beat up. It is also cool because I can share my life with people all over the world that I know and love.


Regarding the music in this video, I enjoy Harry Belafonte's singing. Kingstontown kind of conveys the feeling I have of being so far away during this season. The ship, the Rose also called the Surprise is from the movie Master and Commander the Far Side of the world, based on the books by Patrick O'Brian.

No comments: