Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Elizabeth's Fish Boxes

This week I want to show you something my daughter, Elizabeth, came up with for Valentine’s Day. I think these are amazing, but then, I’m her papa. You’ll have to judge for yourselves. Just as there is a family resemblance, it would seem there might also be artistic resemblances in families. She admits to being inspired by the St. Nicholas Boxes that I made while she was growing up.


She has gone into much more detail and has made use of some pretty fancy computer programs to refine her work. She designed them, did the art work, experimented a bit and then had the materials printed up. She says the boxes take about 15 minutes to assemble and then fill with her treats. These boxes she then gave away to her friends and is saving the ones she made for our family when we next see her.


You can see that she used the fish theme and the Valentine’s Day charm and wit she has printed on the boxes reflect the aspects of a Valentine’s Day card. I really like what she did with the fish on the lid. She had them printed on plastic and had to cut each one of them out and glue them down.



Anyway, I am enchanted by her ability, very proud of her creativity, and I thought I’d share these with you.

No comments: