Thursday, January 1, 2009

Willow's Dance























Willow danced before the moon
With her arms outstretched and waiting
The moon he saw her dancing there
And took her for the taking.

And said “I’ll dance with you a while,
Until the dawn starts breaking,
And spend the night with you fair maid,
Until the sun starts waking.”

“O may the sun then never wake!
That sun then I’ll be hating.”
“Nay, say not so” replied the moon,
“It is his life I’m taking.

But come and dance with me at night,
Engage in merry making.
And love the night and love the stars,
And take life for the taking."



2 comments:

Melanie Mehrer said...

Did you write this? It reminds me of poems I loved to read in Elementary school. I loved these little anthologies of b-version fairy tales usually full of brothers tricking giants, young maidens talking into wells, fairies and goblins and wind that whispered into the heroes ears. dancing with the moon would have been right up there with the best of them.

Anonymous said...

nice artwork :)