Saturday, September 13, 2008

Going Home

I put the words to this song on my blog site a while back, but I thought I would put the song here now that I have finished it. I'm not a great musician. In fact, I don't think I'm a musician at all. I frequently go flat or sharp and I can't really keep a beat, but I like to tell stories. This is a story poem within a longer story poem called Peter the Pirate: the Commodore's Journey that I have been working on for years. I don't play any instruments, and the drum you hear is my fingers pounding on the desk. I have several "songs"in Peter the Pirate. This is the best of the bunch so far (which may not be saying much) For the sake of context, Peter and his Pirates sing this song to a ghost called Sammy Kirkendhal. It is a part of a rite that will allow Sammy to speak to them for a short period of time and give them guidance. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: